1) The Met PGA Official on site finishes tournament announcements and carts disperse from staging area.
2) A siren will sound (either the course’s lightning alarm or a horn) after approximately 15 minutes have passed since carts left the staging area.
3) Once siren is heard, all play begins. NO PLAYER IS ALLOWED TO HIT UNTIL SIREN IS HEARD.
4) As soon as each group finishes, they MUST proceed directly to their golf cart, and drive directly to the scoring area without delay. All signing of scorecards and tallying will be done at the scoring area. Completed and attested scorecards are to be given directly to a MET PGA Official.
5) As soon as the THIRD group of the day hands in their scorecards, a stopwatch will begin and time will be supervised by the slow play liaison (most likely a board member who is participating in the event). That person will be in charge of enforcing the slow play policy for that event. This person will NOT be the present MET PGA official.
6) Any player or group of players that hand their scorecard to the MET PGA official after that stopwatch has reached the 35 MINUTE MARK will be considered in “Violation of Slow Play.”
Slow Play Penalties
-Any player or group of players that violate Point #6 above will be subject to the following “Slow Play Penalties” immediately:
1st Offense - Verbal warning and full name or names to be publicized on the MET PGA Website as slow play violators.
2nd Offense - 1 Shot Penalty
3rd Offense - 2 Shot Penalty
4th Offense and any further offense - Disqualification from Event